frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 02:12:52 CST 2012
On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 00:40, Sven Baars <sven.wine at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16-02-2012 at 7:55 PM, Matijn Woudt <tijnema at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to help get the dutch translation to 100%, but I would need
>> to filter out the false positives first.
> I started with this a while ago, but every time I was nearly done, more
> translations were marked as fuzzy, more strings were introduced, and
> usually Francois changed some strings, which meant that I had to
> manually apply the patch I was working on (with some conflicts). After a
> while I just gave up on this (I don't have the time to fix it all in one
> day), so for me the po system actually works counterproductive...
To be fair, François' patches aren't occurring that often, just small
bursts every couple of months, mostly when "trivial" typographic
errors are caught, generally due to changes in the original English
versions (mgsids), which implies changes to all translations anyway.
If you want to avoid/limit conflicts, you might want to send smaller
patches instead of a big one.
This has the advantage of making the progress made visible to other
(potential) translators, limiting the risk of edition
More information about the wine-devel