po: Add and fix a few Finnish translations.

Lauri Kenttä lauri.kentta at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 06:00:23 CST 2012

On 2012-02-16 17:11, Francois Gouget wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2012, Lauri Kenttä wrote:
>
>> "Thai" is right, "Thain" is wrong.
>
> Sorry. I mistook 'Thai' as refering to the Thai language where in
> this
> case it actually refers to the Thai script.

And "Thai" would still be right. Please note that Finnish has many
declensions and few prepositions. You've probably found something like
"Thain kieli" ("the Thai language", or literally "the language of
Thai"), in which case "Thain" would be "of Thai".

> Sorry, I did not mean to imply you're too slow or anything. I also
> meant
> to CC you to be sure you'd have a chance to review my patches and I'm
> not sure how you got left out of my emails.

I got the copy, but considering that AJ applies the submitted patches
each day, it was just good luck that I happened to check my email in
time. It would probably be fitting to mark translations (other than
typographic changes) from non-native sources as "pending" before a
native speaker has checked them.

>> "Avankuvan väli:" has this colon on purpose. It's the best way to
>> make
>> this translation meaningful in the context (Avainkuvan väli: [BOX]
>> kuvaa). I've already discussed this with you in private.
>
> Sorry. I had not made the connection. I'm not sure how the colon
> helps
> as this is meant to form just one sentence 'Key every 9 frames' but
> I'll
> just trust you on that.
>

>> My opinion is that the original text should be in one piece or at
>> least have a msgctxt to allow better translations.
>
> I'm not sure how a message context would help. Could you elaborate?

The problem is that "frames" is used in two contexts and it must be
translated as "kuvaa" in the other context. I haven't looked at the
actual dialog, but if it were just a line of text, I'd rather go for
"Avainkuva aina 9 kuvan välein".

--
Lauri Kenttä