weirdly large filesize of winegcc generated shared object

Pengyu CHEN cpy.prefers.you at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 07:23:50 CST 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 9:48 PM, Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at baikal.ru> wrote:
> PE header needs to be aligned in a 64k boundary, and compiler fills
> remaining space with zeros.

Thank you Dmitry, and now I'm clear with that.
Yet another question here. I've just check the msdn page and found 64K is
actually the maximum possible value of SectionAlignment and FileAlignment,
then why must we choose the maximum one or it is just like this?

--
*
[A very large, very cold, and extremely isolated planet.]