TranslateWiki

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Feb 23 13:50:25 CST 2012

Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> writes:

> On 02/22/2012 09:09 AM, Aric Stewart wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just had a very good conversation with the mediawiki people about
>> TranslateWiki. (http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Main_Page)
>>
>> There are some snags right now but they are really interested in doing work
>> to accommodate us. We will see where that goes but so far it is looking like
>> the most promising path.
>
> Maybe the whole problem is that we doing it wrong? Why do we need to
> track contribution? One of the main reasons I can thing of is LGPL
> constrains. What if we change license on .po files to something that
> is less stricter and allows easier integration with translation sites?

It's not so much about license enforcement. It's about trust and
accountability.  We need to know whom we are working with, whom to
contact if there are questions, who should receive credit for the work,
who is sending consistently good (or maybe bad) contributions, who is
violating the rules should that happen, etc.  All these things matter
for translations just like they do for the rest of the code.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org