Wrong charcter encoding in winmm-tests

Julian Rüger jr98 at gmx.net
Sun Feb 26 14:25:07 CST 2012

> So I think it's the test that should be performing the apprpriate
> conversion (assuming we really care) but I can't remember the details

I suppose everyone running the tests should be able to figure it out and
set $LANG to en_US or something for the test.
But I think this is more widespread:

$ grep -d recurse "WideCharToMultiByte(CP_ACP" wine-git|wc -l
662
$ grep -d recurse "WideCharToMultiByte(CP_UTF8" wine-git|wc -l
45

> right now. In particular I'm not sure if using CP_UNIXCP would be
> appropriate here. It might depend on the API used to write to stdout.
>
> And starting from a Unicode string would be much much better too...
> (in particular for languages like Japanese, etc.)

I guess UNIXCP is the current codepage the host os uses?
Like nl_langinfo(CODESET) from langinfo.h?

$ grep -d recurse "WideCharToMultiByte(CP_UNIXCP" wine-git|wc -l
72

Then shouldn't most or all of those CP_ACPs (and CP_UTF8s) be replaced
with CP_UNIXCP?

Best regards,
Julian