Wrong charcter encoding in winmm-tests

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Feb 26 18:02:23 CST 2012

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012, Julian Rüger wrote:
[...]
> Then shouldn't most or all of those CP_ACPs (and CP_UTF8s) be replaced
> with CP_UNIXCP?

No. As I said, all the functions that end with an 'A' are supposed to
return ANSI strings and thus must use CP_ACP. Remember that Wine is a
Win32 API reimplementation so there are a lot of these Ansi functions.

Now the places where we actually have to deal with CP_UNIXCP are pretty
rare. You'll have to dig deeper to find exactly why the wrong encoding
is used in the winmm test. Maybe it is as simple as passing Ansi strings
straight to the native printf implementation?

 "Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff on
       ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)" -- Linus Torvalds