Release plans

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Jan 2 06:08:52 CST 2012

Happy New Year to everyone!

As you probably know, 2012 will be the year when we release 1.4.  I know
I already said this last year, but this time I mean it...

The release features are in good shape now, and the plan is to enter
code freeze as soon as the DIB engine can be considered done, which
should be Real Soon Now. At this point it looks like there will be a
1.3.37 release (if only because that's a fun release number...), but
it's likely that the release after that will be 1.4rc1.

This means that if there are changes you want to get in before code
freeze, they need to be done in the next 3 weeks or so. I'm thinking in
particular of the audio changes that people have been discussing.

Now would also be a good time to look for your name on the Regression
Hall of Shame (http://source.winehq.org/regressions) and see if you can
do something to bring your count down, as I expect the counts will go up
again once rc1 is out and users start testing it. And if you don't have
any regressions to your name, feel free to tackle some of mine ;-)

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org