D3DXHANDLE for ID3DXConstantTable

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 07:28:37 CST 2012

2012/1/5 Rico Schüller <kgbricola at web.de>:
> Sure, it could be done that way. So we may start using normal indices (0..x)
> and put out a warning if there are too much handles around. That way we may
> see if apps use that much handles.

Probably a FIXME, but yeah. I suppose if needed on 64-bit we could
just map 2GB of address space just to prevent anything else from
allocating things in that range. Or perhaps 64-bit d3dx9 really is
just broken. But as far as I'm concerned it's not something we really
need to worry about until we have applications running out of handles,
as long as it's obvious when we hit that case.