Vista/w2k8/w7 + ALSA users, please test mmdevapi capture

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Thu Jan 12 02:50:45 CST 2012

Hi,

Thanks to all five users who sent me data.

I've a new testbot job.
Please download mmdevapi_test32|64.exe
http://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=16386

you don't need a microphone, just a capture capable sound card, unlike testbot.

there should be next to 0 failures in lines 200-410. Failures in 411-600
(function test_capture2) are not interesting.

It would be good to repeat the test a few times to see whether there's a random failure.

Also, please compare
mmdevapi_test[64].exe capture
with
mmdevapi_test[64].exe capture > capture.log

Redirecting to a file leads to vastly different results (in the render tests) because
output to the MS-DOS shell is extremely slow and thus affects timing.

On a 64bit machine, you may also compare the output of both
executables. The behaviour is apparently not the same!

On Unix with ALSA, you may try my latest patches from source.winehq.org/patches and see if it works for you.
 - Stop without snd_pcm_drop patch
 - Reset accounting patch
 - CaptureClient protocol patch
I'm at 0 failures (ignoring test_capture2) and a few todo with dmix and 0-1 (random) with PulseAudio.

Please post or send me the results -- not just the failures,
the console output too including position/padding/flags.

Thank you for testing,
        Jörg Höhle