kernel32: Specify the access rights when creating a file object.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri Jan 13 06:22:24 CST 2012

Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at baikal.ru> writes:

> Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
>
>> Requiring extra access rights can break things, especially in such
>> low-level functions. It's not just a harmless cleanup, so you need to
>> either show an app that requires it, or provide a test case that
>> demonstrates that the extra accesses are required on Windows too.
>
> At least one such a test case exists for the file mappings, and actually
> making it pass has motivated me for this kind of patches. It shows that
> a mapping created with access 0 is not accessible. Since all the objects
> on the server side share a single access check mechanism it's impossible
> to make one test pass without either changing that single mechanism, or
> creating separate access checks for every type of an object.

You shouldn't need to change anything to the access check mechanism. An
access of 0 of course won't satisfy places that require a specific
right. If there are places that don't require a right but should, then
you can fix that, with test cases. If fixing that requires the
corresponding allocation to add some rights, you can do that at the same
time.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org