winecfg: Add tab for most Direct3D registry settings.

Stephen Chao stephen-wine at digitalnexus.org
Sun Jan 15 14:46:45 CST 2012

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 01:52:08 +0800 Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at baikal.ru> wrote:
> Stephen Chao <stephen-wine at digitalnexus.org> wrote:
>
> > Looking for feedback on a patch for winecfg I sent yesterday.  Should I instead be sending it to the patches list?
> > I made this patch to take out the frustration of re-adding all the Direct3D registry entries every time I wiped my .wine dir.  Also to know the tinkering I'm doing is actually having an effect, eg. no spelling errors or using outdated/misinformation from the various appdb boards.  It also has the nice added bonus of automagically linking with the Applications tab...
>
> Have you seen commit e960aa783f78d65feb1d4a93e008d06b0a65fc99 ?

I did see that (after I was done my patch of course).  I agree those 2 options (hardware vertex & pixel shaders) were probably never used.  But are you inferring other Direct3D options shouldn't be accessible from winecfg?  From my own experiences browsing most games' appdb page, everyone and their brother (including myself) tinkers with d3d registry options.

--
Stephen