To translate 'Program Files' or not to translate?

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Jan 17 16:52:18 CST 2012

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:
>
> > I think it's reasonable to do (2) even without adding support for
> > desktop.ini files right now. And really here I'm just interested in what
> > to do with these resource strings.
>
> Doing (2) should be fine. Then the strings don't need to be in resources
> at all, they can be constants in the code.

Do you mean it just for the paths I identified as not being translated
usually ('Program Files' for instance) or all of them (e.g. 'My
Pictures')? I guess ultimately with the desktop.ini approach we can do
that for all of them, I'm just unsure about whether now's the right
time.

               RFC 2549: ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2549.txt
                IP over Avian Carriers with Quality of Service