"Sound" keyword on bugzilla

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Fri Jan 20 10:25:01 CST 2012

Andrew Eikum <aeikum at codeweavers.com> wrote:

> > > Because then I can search for audio-related bugs where the component
> > > is not yet known.
> >
> > If the component is unknown probably there is no need to speculate about
> > the reasons and the source of the bug and investigate the problem instead?
> >

> I can't investigate the problem if I don't know about it ;)
>
> If a bug is audio related, I want to know about it. I've been asking
> people to CC me on audio bugs, but that gets missed on a lot of them.
> Adding a Sound keyword would make searching for audio bugs trivial, so
> I can add myself to the CC list.

If the problem is sound related there are usually some known words in
the summary line describing the problem, why not search for them? Why
do you think inventing a new keyword and adding it to the buch of bugs
is easier that correctly formulate the problem using right words in
the summary?

--
Dmitry.