"Sound" keyword on bugzilla

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Sat Jan 21 12:22:29 CST 2012

On 01/21/2012 10:07 AM, Jerome Leclanche wrote:
> I think that's the point Henri was trying to make. Most of these components
> are useless.
>
> Sure, you *can* pinpoint every component down, but as Henri said, if you do
> that, what's most likely to happen is you end up writing a patch.
>
> It's probably worth checking every category and remove the ones with less
> than 5-10 open bugs.

First of all jerome, would you respect everyone and do a bottom posting on
this mailing list. Otherwise people will just ignore everything you said. If
you can't fix your mailer - use a different one. It's not an excuse to
disrespect everyone else on this list.

On 01/21/2012 10:01 AM, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
 > Sorry, but honestly, in order to support an idea if adding/changing
 > something in Wine bugzilla one should spend several months actively
 > triaging bugs first.

I've spent enough time doing so and can tell that you are the first person
to move _all bugs_ to "unknown" component. And leave them there. And that
all developers can't be expected to read every single bug and try to
understand if it's a bug in their area or not.

The whole point of triaging bugs is to collect enough data for a person(s)
familiar with the general area to do a followup investigation and eventually
fix the bug. Without knowing the area it's a waste of time for everyone to
do investigation on _every single_ new bug.

One can't go just by bug subject - in most cases it's not accurate enough or
outright misleading. Same for the content, logs, etc.

Vitaliy.