"Sound" keyword on bugzilla

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Sat Jan 21 23:23:04 CST 2012

Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:

> I've spent enough time doing so and can tell that you are the first person
> to move _all bugs_ to "unknown" component. And leave them there.

That's a gratuitous conclusion, where did get that idea?

> And that
> all developers can't be expected to read every single bug and try to
> understand if it's a bug in their area or not.

Not all developers are subscribed to wine-bugs, and even subscribed are not
expected to read all the bug reports.

> The whole point of triaging bugs is to collect enough data for a person(s)
> familiar with the general area to do a followup investigation and eventually
> fix the bug. Without knowing the area it's a waste of time for everyone to
> do investigation on _every single_ new bug.

In general yes, but it's not always possible for every bug to set the correct
component without an investigation done by a developer.

> One can't go just by bug subject - in most cases it's not accurate enough or
> outright misleading. Same for the content, logs, etc.

That's why there are also component and keywords fields.

--
Dmitry.