Resource accelerators discrepancies

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Jan 25 03:33:55 CST 2012

Frédéric Delanoy <frederic.delanoy at gmail.com> writes:

> After your addition of accelerators to po file for winefile (among
> others) [fe021a44 winefile: Add message contexts for accelerators that
> can be translated], there seems to be some discrepancies:

No, but you need to look up the resource definition to see all the
flags. That shouldn't matter for translating them.

> So,
> - is there a way/shouldn't the "label\tshortcut" menu entries be
> automated somehow? E.g. so the accelerator is automatically extracted

Not really.

> - is only the Control modifier shown in msgids? E.g. "X" while the
> shortcut is Alt-X. That's a bit inconsistent IMHO

That can't be avoided, unless we want to invent our own syntax for
specifying accelerators. Given how few we have, I don't think it's worth
the trouble. We could just as well kill the Alt-X shortcuts, they are
not really necessary.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org