dinput: Support INFINITE as number of effect iterations (try 2)

Marcel Hasler mahasler at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 09:20:21 CST 2012

2012/1/30 Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com>:

> I'm afraid you'll have to dig up some documentation about what is the max
> value here is then. The fact that it works doesn't mean it's correct.
>
> Vitaliy.

The only official documentation I can find is in
Documentation/input/ff.txt and it doesn't say anything about the max
for 'value'.  I had a look at the kernel source instead.
input_handle_event() in input.c only checks whether 'value' is >= 0
for EV_FF (which is why the event is ignored for INFINITE),
ml_ff_playback() in ff-memless.c sets 'state->count' (which is an
'int') to 'value' and ml_get_combo_effect() finally counts down
'state->count' until it reaches zero. So there really is no limit here
(accept what's given by the data type).

Marcel