Debugging wine/windows applications

John Yani vanuan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 05:20:55 CDT 2012

Unfortunately, it doesn't work:

./wine winedbg --gdb notepad.exe
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
L"C:\\windows\\system32\\notepad.exe" failed, status c0000022
0023:0024: create process ''/0x1106c0 @0x7ebe233c (0<0>)
fixme:dbghelp:EnumerateLoadedModulesW64 If this happens, bump the number in mod
0023:0024: create thread I @0x7ebe233c

Maybe winedbg wrapper is not exactly the same? How do I tell winedbg
wrapper to use wine from the specific folder?