Wine automated testing update

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Fri Jul 13 05:08:50 CDT 2012

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012, Julius Schwartzenberg wrote:
[...]
> Maybe freeSSHd and/or freeFTPd are useful:
> http://www.freesshd.com/
>
> At least the webpage claims it runs on Windows NT4 and higher. Logging
> in over SSH just gives a cmd.com command shell as far as I remember, so
> this should allow for some interaction with the system running on the VM.

I came across it but had eliminated it because it does not seem to be
open-source. That might have been too harsh since it's free (as in
beer). So I gave it a try.

The problem is that when I start an application such as notepad, it does
not appear on the VM's desktop. I suspect freeSSHd creates a separate
window station and that's going to break Wine's tests. I looked for an
option to change this behavior but found none.

(the KpyM SSH Server has the same issue)

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>