Suppressing My Computer in File Open dialog box?

GOUJON Alexandre ale.goujon at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 04:03:16 CDT 2012

On 07/14/2012 01:28 AM, Dan Kegel wrote:
> I'm creating a page of tips at
> http://wiki.winehq.org/DisplayingUnixFilenames
> for vendors shipping Windows apps on Linux with Wine
> who want their apps to use Windows paths throughout
> internally, but display Linux paths in the GUI
>
> This is something I've been meaning to do ever since I helped port Picasa.
> Picasa was an easy case, since it didn't use any standard widgets.
> So now I'm wondering how to coax standard widgets into not leaking
> Windows paths or naming conventions visually.
>
> Does anyone know how to keep the Save File dialog box from
> listing My Computer in the LookIn pulldown?  (I know how to
> keep it from showing /, but I'd like to do the opposite, and
> *only* show / and maybe the user's home directory, if possible.)
Have you read
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms646960%28v=vs.85%29.aspx#_win32_Open_and_Save_As_Dialog_Box_Customization
?

I tried in the past to make the Open dialog box able to select folder
(instead of opening them).
I first thought it was as simple as using a special flag when calling
GetOpenFileName but I ended customizing the dialog via hook procedures.