mshtml: Set outgoing pass-by-address variable in an error case case within confirm_safety_load.

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Tue Jul 17 15:51:09 CDT 2012

On Thu, 8 Mar 2012, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
>>> I noticed we return in this case, without initializing this variable.
>>> Visual inspection indicates we do not seem to access the variable in
>>> this error case, but a) better safe than sorry, and b) GCC 4.8 currently
>>> warns about it.
>> I generally don't think this patch makes things any better (or worse).
>> If we return an error, the caller should not expect this value to be
>> sane. What's the GCC 4.8 warning?
> secmgr.c:230:1: warning: 'policy' may be used uninitialized in this
> function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
>
> An alternative to silence this would be initializing policy to some
> default value.  Would that be preferrable?

I did not see a response to this, but it seems Francois ran into the
same in the meantime and addressed it similarly, so this can be closed:

  http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-cvs/2012-July/088865.html

(http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2012-March/112089.html
was my original submission.)

Gerald