[1/2] gdiplus: Make sure that 1bpp bitmap images get loaded in native format.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Mon Jul 16 02:11:26 CDT 2012

Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at baikal.ru> wrote:

> Vincent Povirk <madewokherd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Uh, this is going to cause regressions if you don't give the image a palette.
>
> I'd like to avoid adding pixel format conversions (and new palettes) in
> gdiplus, instead once this patch is committed I'm planning to make gdiplus
> use WIC format converters, then missing and wider used conversions can be
> added one by one on the WIC side. The "regression" is expected and intentional,
> otherwise transition to using WIC format conerters won't happen.

I decided to make things work using current gdiplus code first, and added
support for converting RGB to indexed pixel formats. That way there is
a bunch of working tests that will help to make sure that transition to
using WIC pixel converters won't break existing functionality.

Thanks for your comments.

--
Dmitry.