Wine's support for reporting calling conventions

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Jul 26 10:57:11 CDT 2012

On 06 Jun 2012, at 09:06, Eric Pouech wrote:

> that's a limitation of dwarf format (IIRC, from the specs, you have
> either the default CC for your programming language/ABI, or a specific
> one without defining it further)

Yes and no:
* the DWARF standard itself does not specify any calling conventions other than DW_CC_normal (ABI default), DW_CC_program (Fortran-specific) and DW_CC_nocall (e.g. for interrupt handlers)
* however, the DWARF standard allows implementation-defined specific calling conventions to be added. I'm not aware of many that have been defined like that already, but a couple of them have been. E.g., search for DW_CC_ in http://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk/include/dwarf2.h . You need tool chain support (usually compiler support) to be able to generate such custom attributes though.

Jonas