"Complimentary" msvcrt?

Ilya Konstantinov future at shiny.co.il
Tue Jul 31 16:49:21 CDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:34 AM, Vincent Povirk <madewokherd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Visual C++ ships with headers and a compiler. Anyway, there's no
> advantage to winelib as a build environment compared to MSVC or the
> Platform SDK, assuming you are able to use one of those, except for
> the ability to port to architectures other than x86, x86_64, and arm.

Oooh. Now I understand what you mean: build with MSVC as usual,
run in WINE on Linux. Thanks for the patience :-)

If there's some code I'd must write natively to bind the Windows app
to the Linux system (e.g. interacting with some low-level Linux stuff),
can I build that library as a DLL with wineg++ / winelib and have
the WINE-invoked app use that?