oleaut32: Add a test for BSTR cache. Take 3.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Tue Jun 5 06:05:10 CDT 2012

Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:

> That doesn't seem very useful. What use case would there be for an app
> to rely on some random 75% of its strings to remain valid?

Although the test is about statistics, my intention was to show that BSTR
cache in Wine corrupts cached strings. I could try to figure out exact
steps which lead to corruption of real strings the application cares
about, but that's pretty hard to do, there are enourmous amount of lines in
the log that are related to BSTR creation/destruction, and finally the string
the app cares about and tries to use is corrupted. I thought that adding
a statistical test would hint Jacek what might be wrong with current cache
implementation.

--
Dmitry.