Wine's support for reporting calling conventions

Roger Cruz roger_r_cruz at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 5 22:07:16 CDT 2012

In dlls/dbghelp/dwarf.c, there is this snippet of code which appears to hard-code the calling convention to CALL_FAR_C.  Does Wine not support reporting a function's calling convention correctly then?  Is it a limitation of DWARF or just that it is not implemented?  I can see that DWARF has a DW_AT_calling_convention field but when I examine a Wine DLL  with objdump, it does not show this field in use.

    /* FIXME: assuming C source code */
    sig_type = symt_new_function_signature(ctx->module, ret_type, CV_CALL_FAR_C);

Thanks
Roger