Command line parameters

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 7 14:43:20 CDT 2012

<snipped>

That depends on whether your application uses the *W file operation WIN32 api or the much older *A routines. For example, I have a quick look at bcc32.exe (part of borland's compiler, time stamp july 2000, 12 years old) with 'winedump -j import bcc32.exe' . It loads only 3 *W routines but 25 of the *A ones. Whereas cl.exe from visual c++ express 9 (2008, 4 years old) loads 31 *W routines and only 2*A routines. So MS VC 9 is far happier in non-English locale than the much older borland 5.5 compiler.