Disabling joysticks with registry keys and joy.cpl

Lucas Zawacki lfzawacki at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 21:31:23 CDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM, Vitaliy Margolen
<wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:
> If you worry about devices moving around and getting different IDs - then
> use part of GUID to identify driver and add device name to identify the
> joystick.

Yes, that seems like the way to go. I'll use the GUIDs to show the
device names and disable the correct drivers using joy.cpl. I agree
that disabling both the joysticks is not useful so I'll just stick
with "Disable controllername"="drivername" with "linux" and
"linuxinput" as options.