Wine automated testing update

Julius Schwartzenberg julius.schwartzenberg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 09:50:46 CDT 2012

Francois Gouget wrote:
> All replacements involve installing some application in the Windows VM.
> So given that we want to run Winetest too I have the following
> requirements:
>  * The application should run on everything from Windows 8 down to NT4.
>  * It should not bring in dependencies that would modify the behavior of
>    Windows. So anything that depends on installing .Net or upgrading
>    standard dlls located in c:\windows\system32 is out.
>  * Ideally it should also have a 64bit version so we can have
>    64bit-only Windows VMs.
> So I looked for a replacement but came away not entirely satisfied:

Maybe freeSSHd and/or freeFTPd are useful:
http://www.freesshd.com/

At least the webpage claims it runs on Windows NT4 and higher. Logging
in over SSH just gives a cmd.com command shell as far as I remember, so
this should allow for some interaction with the system running on the VM.

Best regards,
Julius