Is it safe yet for developers to upgrade to Ubuntu 12.04?

André Hentschel nerv at dawncrow.de
Mon Jun 25 12:50:36 CDT 2012

Am 25.06.2012 19:29, schrieb Erich E. Hoover:
> I know that for a while there were some packaging problems that meant that upgrading to 12.04 made compiling 32-bit Wine on a 64-bit PC extremely difficult.  Is this still the case?  I'd like to upgrade to the new OS version, but I'm not willing to sacrifice the ability to build Wine in order to do so.  Thanks in advance!

You should wait until Scott Ritchie gives green light here. I blindly upgraded and it was a mess, so don't hurt yourself. I'm now back at 11.04 and that's pretty comfort, i also really dislike every non-gnome2 desktop, most likely i'll switch to cinnamon desktop at some point.

--

Best Regards, André Hentschel