include/basetsd.h: Fix int64 to int truncation warnings when compiling with a 64-bit PSDK compiler.

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Thu Jun 28 06:12:04 CDT 2012

On 06/28/2012 01:00 PM, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> afair the fix is to disable the int truncation warnings in MSVC. For
>> whatever reason they seem to enable those bogus warnings.
>
> The warnings are not bogus, the PSDK compiler also emits a warning when
They are bogus as the C standard explicitly allows conversion between
integer types.

> truncating from double to float while gcc keeps silence for instance.
I never looked at that but I assume the same holds true as above.

> Anyway, the patch shouldn't hurt, PSDK headers have similar casts. This
In this specific case it doesn't. Start littering the code with casts to
get rid of all those warnings and it will majorly hurt. Unneeded casts
are *BAD*; worse then ignoring bogus warnings from a compiler.

> patch also helps to pay more attention to warnings: when there are lots
> of existing ones, it's hard to recognize new and possibly real problems
> in the code.

bye
	michael