Web based translation tool

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Mon Mar 12 05:27:51 CDT 2012

Hi

Dne Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:02:49 +0200
Yaron Shahrabani <sh.yaron at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> The Wine project is thinking about using Weblate in order to translate
> Wine, you can look at the following discussion and see for yourself.

That sounds great!

> Looking good although a litle immature, not sure about authentication as
> wel...

For authentication you can basically use anything what can be used in
Django. Any specific concerns on this topic?

> I'll talk to Michal Cihar and ask him for a roadmap for this project.

Well I don't have any real roadmap right now. I urgently needed
replacement for Pootle because we got hit by too many bugs there and
did not manage to understand the code there to be able to fix them
myself. So far I think it is in pretty good shape for day to day work
(with today's 0.5 release fixing few annoying bugs).

Of course there are some features missing, you can check what I plan
for 1.0 release here:

https://github.com/nijel/weblate/issues?state=open&milestone=1

I currently hope to have 1.0 in a month or so, but I really don't want
to commit to any specific date.

PS: I'm not subscribed to mailing list so please CC me on reply.