GSoC 2011 - introduction

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Mon Mar 12 13:09:26 CDT 2012

Hi Jósef,
(I've CCed Danien since this is relevant for him as well)

I wanted to write an answer to your mail as well, but Matteo beat me to it :-)

First of all, do not hesitate to submit more than one proposal. This gives us
more flexibility in selecting "compatible" proposals should we happen to
select two or more proposals in the same code area(d3d in your case).
Generally it is discouraged to have two gsoc projects that depend on each
other because problems will occur if one student cannot complete his proposal
for some reason.

Am Montag, 12. März 2012, 15:45:29 schrieb Matteo Bruni:
> Maybe implementing some easy pieces of d3d9ex or d3d10 (assuming there
> really are easy pieces to be done, I haven't really looked) is a
> possible alternative, but, again, hard to say.
d3d9ex(not to be confused with d3dx9) may be an option. We have thunks
already, and a few implemented features. The remaining features is mostly a
matter of writing tests and preferably finding apps that use them. Some
features like screen rotation may require extra work in user32.dll and
winex11.drv.