mscoree: Better support RUNTIME_INFO_UPGRADE_VERSION in, GetRequestedRuntimeInfo (try 3)

Alistair Leslie-Hughes leslie_alistair at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 13 04:18:45 CDT 2012

Hi Vincent,

On 13/03/2012 3:35 AM, Vincent Povirk wrote:
> -    FIXME("Unrecognized version %s\n", debugstr_w(pwzVersion));
> +    WARN("Unrecognized version %s\n", debugstr_w(pwzVersion));
I'll put it back and add another test.

> I'm not so sure about this. I think GetRuntime is still incomplete, so
> I'd still like to know when it fails. You will get a useless FIXME in
> the case where RUNTIME_INFO_UPGRADE_VERSION is specified, but I think
> a program that makes that specifies a version number and that flag is
> doing it wrong. Anyway, we shouldn't be spammed with fixme's, right?

No, its perfectly valid to specify a minimum version like 2.0.50727, and
then use the flag RUNTIME_INFO_UPGRADE_VERSION to get any .NET version.
  This allows native applications to interact with .NET without caring
about the .NET version installed.

Best Regards
  Alistair Leslie-Hughes