My GSoC 2012 proposal

André Hentschel nerv at dawncrow.de
Mon Mar 19 13:20:43 CDT 2012

Am 19.03.2012 06:22, schrieb Lucas Zawacki:
> *Scons Wine*
>
> I think this could turn out to be very worthwhile project, but there's
> little documentation about it. To make Scons aware of Winelib would it
> be enough to create an environment that uses the winelib compilers,
> libs and includes? Then it would be a question of programatically
> generating the build script, much like winemaker does for the
> makefile.

I'm not sure if that's outdated. I mean how many people are converting Applications to winelib, how many of them want to use scons for that, and how many of them can't do it theirselfs?
But maybe i'm wrong...

> I've also been looking at Winemaker and trying to convert some visual
> studio projects from random google code repositories with moderate
> success. As a part of this project I could test it with numerous
> samples, e.g Nehe tutorials (http://nehe.gamedev.net/), and with
> assorted open source projects targeting windows, and make these just
> work with Winemaker.

Which projects were that, or what problems did you have?
Often there are small problems which are easy to fix by hand, but would need special handling in winemaker.

--

Best Regards, André Hentschel