Web based translation tool

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Mon Mar 19 04:52:58 CDT 2012

Hi

Dne Sat, 17 Mar 2012 22:49:31 +0000
Jerome Leclanche <adys.wh at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> 2012/3/16 Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com>
> > Weblate currently does not try to merge subsequent commits from same
> > author, so you get single commit for each change.
>
> If this is an issue, an intermediary repository can be set up to merge
> translations and submit them. In fact, this can probably be done
> automatically every 24 hours.

For the projects where I use Weblate I don't consider this as an issue
as merging commits would probably cause more problems than it would
solve. With current approach, you simply merge weblate branch to master
and everything works nicely. With some sort of merging of commits
things get more complex.

For example for merging in intermediary repository you need to rebase
weblate's working repository and keep possible changes made meanwhile.
I'm not saying it can not be solved, but changing Git history (what
merging of commits actually is) can be tricky.