My Idea for GSOC

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 09:49:28 CDT 2012

On 25 March 2012 15:36, Daniel Oom <daoo314 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi again, so I've been messing around with this a bit and have some
> questions.
> However I'm not able to properly set up lighting/materials, I think I want a
> function like SetMaterial in d3d7 to "activate" a material with some
> emissive color.
You're probably looking for IDirect3DDevice2::SetLightState() with
D3DLIGHTSTATE_MATERIAL.

> Also is there some documentation available for early versions of directx
> available I can not seem to find any?
You pretty much need need the DirectX SDKs for those early ddraw
versions. They may still be archived somewhere, but yes, this is
somewhat of a problem when working on ddraw. In some cases the
existing ddraw code is also a good reference for how things roughly
work, but especially the early versions are probably not quite
correct.