My GSoC 2012 proposal
lfzawacki at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 15:01:02 CDT 2012
About the joystick configuration tool proposal. My plans are:
* Start development as a standalone program, and then include it in
the control panel
* Enumerate all the joysticks with dinput
* Simple windows GUI. Prototypes are here
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2701879/wiki/gsoc/dialog1.png (main screen)
and here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2701879/wiki/gsoc/dialog2.png
(visualization/calibration). I don't know how I could draw the axis
and buttons to give the visual feedback, I guess it's something to do
with GDI? Or maybe embbeded pictures in the dialog?
* Show supported force feedback devices and provide some controls for
* Write settings to registry after user confirms calibration.
* jscal stores the calibration settings in a file so it's probably
enough to have an "Import calibration" option and read from this file.
* Use the linux sysfs interfaces to get vid/pid and automatically
detect "duplicate" drivers (this is extra but I think could be useful)
Also I've yet to try to configure force feedback on linux with my
joysticks so I can take a look at the ff bugs.
More information about the wine-devel