msi: Tweak msiexec's usage message.

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon May 7 14:54:09 CDT 2012

On Sat, 5 May 2012, Frédéric Delanoy wrote:
[...]
> The msiexec conventions look sane to me: [ ] for optional and { } for
> mandatory parameters (*only* when a choice/list is involved). It's
> also what's used in other wine commands "/?" results (e.g. 'start',
> 'ipconfig', 'regedit', etc.).

It's no so consistent.

msiexec uses names like 'product_code' but taskkill uses 'ProcessID'
(which aspell does not like) and wineconsole uses '<command>'.

regedit describes what 'filename' and 'regpath' means independently of
the option that uses these, msiexec and start do not describe what
things like 'package' or 'program_filename' are.

In xcopy it's 'Usage: ... Where: ...' while in wineconsole it's 'Usage:
does not very clearly differentiate commands and options).

For ipconfig there's spaces around brackets while in dxdiag or msiexec
where's no space around the brackets.

xcopy says '[/Y] [/-Y]' when it should probably be '[/Y | /-Y]',
although msiexec would likely describe outside of usage line as

 Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't
                                 -- Eric Jong