kernel32: Add UTF-7 support

Alex Henrie alexhenrie24 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 21:50:50 CDT 2012

2012/5/7 Ben Klein <shacklein at gmail.com>:
> Without being a regular contributor, here are a few tips from a cursory glance:
> 1) Whitespace change on at least one line

The only change to whitespace I made was:

-        if( flags)
+        if (flags)

I don't think this is a big deal.

> 2) Why the change from ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER to ERROR_INVALID_FLAGS?

To match the behavior of Windows. I verified this with both MSDN and
empirical tests. If the flags parameter is not null, all versions of
Windows tested report ERROR_INVALID_FLAGS with the possible exception
of Windows NT4.
See http://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=18148

> 3) New function defs do not match format of surrounding defs in unicode.h

This was a hard one. I didn't know if I should keep Katayama's use of
INT or change the functions to use int like the UTF-8 functions do. So
you're saying it should all be int? Do LPCSTR and LPCWSTR need to be
changed to something else as well?

> 4) No new tests to confirm the behaviour is correct (or mention of
> current tests succeeding)

dlls/kernel32/tests/locale.c already has just as many UTF-7 tests as
it has UTF-8 tests. What tests do we need for UTF-7 which are not
needed for UTF-8?

Thanks for your quick response,

-Alex