[appdb] Applications working flawlessly using patched wine should be rated Gold

Rosanne DiMesio dimesio at earthlink.net
Wed May 16 17:06:54 CDT 2012

On Wed, 16 May 2012 15:55:37 -0500
Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some of the more popular patches are available in PPA's, and I'd be
> willing to bet that many of the less tech savvy users are running
> Ubuntu and can figure out how to add a PPA.

They're also available through PlayOnLinux. Do you want to open the AppDB to test reports using POL? If no, what is the rationale for keeping them out if test reports for patched versions are allowed? If yes, what about all the other third party apps out there?

BTW, I'm not necessarily arguing against this. I'm more concerned with practicalities than philosophy, and it would make my job easier if POL et. al. could simply be treated as distros (WineSkin users already keep trying to add it as a distro). But does anyone really want to go down that road?

--
Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio at earthlink.net>