Wine and multiarch on Debian Testing

Nicolas Le Cam niko.lecam at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 09:55:07 CST 2012

2012/11/12 Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr>

> On Wed, 17 Oct 2012, Erich E. Hoover wrote:
>
> > I just upgraded to 12.04, until they fix the "32-bit headers problem"
> > you'll have to manually create the symbolic links for the "-dev"
> > package behavior:
>
> I ran into pretty much the same set of problems with Wine on Debian
> Testing. However some development packages are already
> multiarch-compatible so I installed them and created a bit fewer
> symbolic links than you. In particular I was able to install the
> following i386 development packages:
>
>    libasound2-dev:i386
>    libcapi20-dev:i386
>    libjpeg8-dev:i386
>    liblcms1-dev:i386
>    libldap2-dev:i386
>    libmpg123-dev:i386
>    libopenal-dev:i386
>    libtinfo-dev:i386 (needed for ncurses)
>    libv4l-dev:i386
>    libx11-dev:i386
>    libxau-dev:i386
>    libxcb1-dev:i386
>    libxinerama-dev:i386
>    libxml2-dev:i386
>    libxrender-dev:i386
>    zlib1g-dev:i386
>

> I also made a list of the packages that need to be fixed in order for
> work on Wine to be possible without so much complication, and made sure
> we have bugs to track the status of each of them. I am sure the
> maintainers would appreciate some help so here are the multiarch fixes
> needed for Wine development:
>
>  * These all seem to be fixable trivially. Double-check and submit a
>    patch? The Debian freeze might block your efforts though :-(
>    libfontconfig1-dev - #677885
>    libgl1-mesa-dev - #678040, #689088
>    libglu1-mesa-dev - #678040, #689089
>    libgnutls-dev - #678070
>    libosmesa6-dev - #678040
>    libxcomposite-dev - #689082
>    libxfixes-dev - #677657
>    libxrandr-dev - #678895
>    libxvmc1 - #640499 (well the work seems to have been done in any case)
>    libxxf86vm-dev - #678898

Hi François,

#677885, #678040, #678070, #678895 and #678898 already contains trivial
patches, I did check packages on every offered architectures to see if file
differs, I can recheck if necessary. I can also check #677657 to see if
things has changed since bug report and provide a patch if needed.

libgl1-nvidia-glx doesn't depend on libxvmc1 so it should be a problem
anymore (at least if you use nvidia packages from unstable).

Unfortunately I didn't have much time to spend on not so trivial packages
and Debian freeze doesn't really help accepting patches, even if multiarch
is a release goal ...

--
Nicolas Le Cam