[02/10] windowscodecs: Reimplement QueryCapability of the BMP decoder.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Fri Nov 23 01:48:57 CST 2012

Vincent Povirk <madewokherd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does QueryCapability really QueryCapability? Can you get a
> frame out of it? I guess it never occurred to me to try.

I've added a test that confirms that GetFrame succeeds after a successful
QueryCapability call.

> I was OK with this for the other implementations because I figured
> it'd be easy enough to invalidate the decoder after successfully
> calling Initialize, if that turned out to be a problem.

Yes, that was also my impression that implementing QueryCapability using
Initialize and then undo the changes would be an obvious (and easy to do)
way to implement it, but apparently MS developers decided leave the state of
the decoder unchanged (that's a really confusing behaviour of QueryCapability
if you ask me).

--
Dmitry.