Help getting amd64 assembly patch into wine?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Oct 4 16:04:42 CDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Kyle Auble <randomidman48 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm just wondering is assembly definitely needed?
> This is just based on some googling and skimming
> through StackOverflow, but it sounds like you can
> still use va_list on amd64. It just takes some
> tweaking:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8047362

Thanks for the reply.  Maarten also replied via chat.

For the first function, I might be able to get rid of assembly.
It's complicated by the fact that Visual C uses a different varargs
implementation.  I did try using __ms_va_list to get gcc to behave
like Visual C here, but failed.
Maarten suggested I try __ms_va_list again, if that works,
I can collapse the first two functions together into a single
C function, which would be great.

He also pointed out that I might be abusing DWORD for pointers.

I'll have a look at his suggestions and send him a new draft for private review.
- Dan