testbot/lib: If we cannot open the log file, then log to stderr.

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Tue Oct 16 15:50:27 CDT 2012

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012, Christian Costa wrote:
[...]
> >> Why not if I can make it run the test after the extraction.
> >> That said why not improving test bot download extra files? Is there a
> >> specific reason for that?
> > I'm not against improving the testbot, it was just a suggestion.
> >
> It's a good one.I will file a bug in bugzilla for the test bot and try
> your suggestion.
> Do you know any simple tool that enables to do that?

If the sfx approach can be made to work without changes to WineTestBot
then it may be worth documenting somewhere on the Wiki.

Otherwise I'd rather modify WineestBot to accept .zip files in addition
to .exe ones. This would cause the zip file to be extracted in a
temporary directory, maybe not allowing subdirectories, and the one .exe
file it contains would be run. I think that process would be more
intuitive.

If we need to allow more than one exe, letting the user specify the
command to run should resolve any ambiguities.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>