(resend) programs/winemenubuilder: scale 64x64 classic icons to 48x48 for Icns format

Vincent Povirk madewokherd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 23:08:50 CDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 7:40 PM, Ken Thomases <ken at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> Beyond that, perhaps the scaling should be put into the ICNS encoder rather than convert_to_native_icon().  That is, if it's handed a size that doesn't fit properly into one of the predefined slots, it would scale down to the next lower size.

It would be far more difficult to make that change in the ICNS encoder
than it is here. I think we should avoid it just so we can keep the
code simple.

I agree that scaling to 32x32 would probably work out better.
Personally, I probably would've chosen 128x128, since that would
involve no loss of information or distortion (but maybe we don't like
the increased file size?).

I guess it also depends on what size the OS uses to display the icon.
If it will usually be a particular size, we should probably take that
into account, though I don't know how much we can really do about it.