(resend) programs/winemenubuilder: scale 64x64 classic icons to 48x48 for Icns format

Aric Stewart aric at codeweavers.com
Wed Oct 17 06:44:05 CDT 2012

On 10/17/12 3:11 AM, Per Johansson wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 6:08 AM, Vincent Povirk <madewokherd at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I agree that scaling to 32x32 would probably work out better.
>> Personally, I probably would've chosen 128x128, since that would
>> involve no loss of information or distortion (but maybe we don't like
>> the increased file size?).
>
> It's however much more common that a 32x32 icon is already present. In
> fact, checking my own set of wine generated icons, they all already
> contain a 32x32 icon. Actually, most contain a 48x48 icon as well.

The issue I am working on resolving here is that many older windows programs only provide a 64x64 icon. With the old code, because there is no 64x64 slot in icns files, these applications where loosing there icons.

Ken's suggestion of making sure we do not overwrite a real 48x48 icon is good and I will implement that.

-aric