Ubuntu 12.10 - anyone?

Gediminas Jakutis gediminas at varciai.lt
Wed Oct 17 19:16:43 CDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Joey Yandle <dragon at dancingdragon.be> wrote:
> I've been happily building 32-bit wine on 64-bit ubuntu 12.04.  I just
> had to make a debootstrap chroot:
>
>   https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DebootstrapChroot/

The Wine Wiki page on this has a nice How-to
http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit

> It only takes a few minutes to setup, given a fast internet connections.
>
> No idea whether the multiarch conversion has progressed to where this is
> no longer necessary.

Still needed.
I just tested it again on 12.10 - many 32bit build dependencies
conflict with many 64bit packages (and some of those are dependencies
of packages unrelated to Wine...)
Thus, building it without a chroot in a "clean" way is not yet possible.
Also, building with both sane and tiff support is problematic:
libsane-dev wants libtiff5-dev, which conflicts with libtiff4-dev (the
one that wine wants)

--
Gediminas Jakutis
LDK Varčiai www.varciai.lt