d3dx9_36: Add tests for D3DXSHRotateZ

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 04:21:49 CDT 2012

On 22 October 2012 09:06, Rico Schüller <kgbricola at web.de> wrote:
> On 19.10.2012 13:15, Nozomi Kodama wrote:
>>
>> This patch adds tests for the patch sent by Rico for D3DXSHRotateZ.
>>
>> Moreover, I changed const in CONST in the declaration of the function in
>> order to uniformize with the file.
>

>> +    const FLOAT angle[] = ...
> I'd prefer "const" because it is used a little bit more often than CONST,
> but it is only a matter of taste.
> git grep "[ (,]const " | wc -l
> ~61k
> git grep "[ (,]CONST " | wc -l
> ~1.2k

IIRC "CONST" is some kind of hack for compilers that don't (fully)
support const. I think it's unlikely you'll be able to compile a
working Wine with such a compiler even if you can find one, these days
probably even things like MSVC, Sun Studio and Clang support const.
And even if you could, something along the lines of AC_C_CONST would
probably be a better solution anyway. It seems tempting to cleanup the
couple of places in Wine that use "CONST", and add a __ONLY_IN_WINELIB
to the #define in include/windef.h.