ImmIsUIMessageA/W

André Hentschel nerv at dawncrow.de
Mon Sep 24 15:00:04 CDT 2012

Am 21.09.2012 18:46, schrieb Aric Stewart:
> Hi Andre,
>
> I have a quick question for you. I am looking into why IME unaware applications are no longer showing their composition window and found it was because of:
>
> commit 7673d67c1e1cfdcdf7560beea9162c3699329aa5
> Author: André Hentschel <nerv at dawncrow.de>
> Date:   Sat Jun 25 16:13:41 2011 +0200
>
>     imm32: Test and fix ImmIsUIMessageA/W.
>
> in that patch I see that you eliminate the part where we check if there is a default IME window and if not then create one.
>
> if (!IMM_GetThreadData()->hwndDefault)
>            ImmGetDefaultIMEWnd(NULL);

Hi,
this code snippet was a useless construct it seems, because ImmGetDefaultIMEWnd returns IMM_GetThreadData()->hwndDefault which is obviously zero and it's not stored.

> also you eliminate the part where if the incoming hWndIME is NULL we send the message to the thread's default IME window.

my changes made an app happy IIRC, further i think i was skeptical about IMM_GetThreadData()->hwndDefault because of the dead code.
maybe it should be patched in again, not sure.

--

Best Regards, André Hentschel